- LGTS | Makedonia, Thessaloniki
- Add to favorites
|Transition altitude||6000 ft.|
|Transition Level (Based on the QNH)||FL70|
|Identifier||Course||Length||Elevation||Lat||Lon||ILS||ILS Freq||ILS FAC||GP|
|10||099°||11286 ft / 3440 m||17ft||40.522||22.9591||✓||109.5||099°||3.0|
|16||162°||7907 ft / 2411 m||12ft||40.5303||22.9676||✓||110.3||162°||3.0|
|28||279°||11286 ft / 3440 m||17ft||40.5167||22.987||✗||-||-||3.8|
|34||342°||7907 ft / 2411 m||22ft||40.5092||22.9743||✗||-||-||3.8|
ProceduresAuto-update is enabled. Auto-update is disabled. Please login to enable auto-update.
- High terrain east of the airport.
- Approach rwy 28 and rwy 34 low over sloping terrain, steep approach 3.8 degrees & steep PAPIs at 3.8 degrees.
- Pilots landing or taking off should exercise caution on the occurence of wind shear resulting in tailwinds at both ends of rwy 16/34 due to the sea breeze effect. This is not likely to appear - when light winds prevail - during summer and less likely during spring and autumn noon/afternoon hours.
A 500 ft contour line lies only 1.5 nm south of the airfield and numerous obstructions within the circling area. During autumn and winter, low stratus or fog drifts in from the sea in the early morning. In the summer, isolated cumulus and cumulonimbus are common. June to August often has strong northerly winds necessitating the use of runway 34 (see below).
Traffic may be operating at Sedes airfield, approximately 2 nm NE of Thessaloniki.
Circling not authorised in sector 344°M clockwise to 102°M. Two VOR/DMEs are available, ensure the correct aid is used.
- Night landings permitted provided PAPIs are available and EGPWS system is serviceable.
- Establish landing configuration early in order to reduce the likelihood of EGPWS alerts.
- The terrain slopes towards the coast which can give rise to false visual cues.
- A ridge at approximately 4nms and several other close in hillocks may give rise to GPWS warnings if the approach angles are not strictly adhered to.
- Both VOR/DME approaches show a 5.8% descent gradient, this corresponds to approx 3.3 degrees.
- PAPIs are set to approx 3.8 degrees due to obstructions on final approach.
RUNWAY AND AIRPORT FACILITIES
Both runways wider than standard.
For several years, runway 10/28 had been closed but recently was reopened after extension works. Owners of FSDG Thessaloniki scenery can set the status of runway 10/28 from within FSDG Scenery Configurator tool.
TAKE-OFF AND DEPARTURE
Emergency Turn Procedures on some runways. In light winds, runways 28 and 34 often give best takeoff performance. Runway 16 takeoff performance can be heavily limited.
The airfield is susceptible to variable and unpredictable changes in wind. More go-arounds than average are recorded at SKG, especially on approach to runway 34.
Weather & NOTAMs
You need to Login with a valid VATSIM account to view the charts.
|Exit Point||Runway||Departure||Initial Alt/FL||Release FL|
|MKR||28||MKR 1F||FL80||DEPENDING ON EXIT POINT|
|TSL||28||TSL 1F||FL80||DEPENDING ON EXIT POINT|
|TSL||10||TSL 1G||FL80||DEPENDING ON EXIT POINT|
|TSL||34||TSL 3A||FL80||DEPENDING ON EXIT POINT|
|TSL||16||TSL 3B||FL80||DEPENDING ON EXIT POINT|
|TSL||28||TSL1E||FL80||DEPENDING ON EXIT POINT|
|Entry Point||Runway||Arrival||Entry FL|
Pilots following the VFR routes of Makedonia TMA should comply with the following rules:
1. Aircraft (including helicopters) flying under VFR within Makedonia TMA, should follow the VFR routes and altitudes as depicted in the attached chart, unless VFR criteria require otherwise or a special authorization is granted from the appropriate ATC unit.
2. When air traffic conditions require, ATC may assign different VFR routes. Also when deemed necessary by the pilots to deviate from the specified routes and/or altitudes they should communicate with Makedonia Approach Control prior entering Makedonia TMA or immediately after departure to obtain clearance for deviation.
3. Position reports must be given to the appropriate ATC unit (Makedonia Approach or Tower) when over compulsory reporting points depicted on the attached chart.
4. Access to Makedonia TMA is restricted to aircraft capable of maintaining two-way radio communication with the appropriate ATC unit.
5. Cancellation of IFR flight plan within Makedonia TMA is subject to ATC approval. Aircraft cancelling IFR flight plan, should also follow VFR routes and altitudes.
6. Route PLATAMON to KRATIA should be used only by Military aircraft flying to Danger Area LGD 92 (Potidea). These aircraft will leave this area making a right turn proceeding to point POSIDI (Cape Kassandra) at 3000ft then to AYIA point (position 394245N 224515E within Larissa TMA) climbing not above 6000ft and contacting Larissa APP entering Larissa MTMA.
7. Unless otherwise instructed by the appropriate ATC unit, the VFR aircraft shall squawk A 7000.
|LGTS||LCLK||LEKPO UL617 KEA UL995 RDS UM601 DASNI R19 BONEK||LCLK LANDS ON 22|
|LGTS||LCLK||LEKPO UL617 KEA UL995 RDS UM601 DASNI UW195 PHA||LCLK LANDS ON 04|
|LGTS||LCPH||LEKPO UL617 KEA UL995 RDS UM601 DASNI UW195 TOBAL|
|LGTS||LGAV||LEKPO L617 SKP B1 ROPOX|
|LCLK||LGTS||PHA UM31 GENOS DCT PEDER DCT EVENO UM601 RDS UL995 RIPLI UN137 NEVRA UZ507 OSMOS||DEP RWY 22|
|LCLK||LGTS||BONEK UR19 DASNI UM601 RDS UL995 RIPLI UN137 NEVRA UZ507 OSMOS||DEP RWY 04|
|LCPH||LGTS||GENOS DCT PEDER DCT EVENO UM601 RDS UL995 RIPLI UN137 NEVRA UZ507 OSMOS|
|LGAV||LGTS||KRO G33 NEVRA Z507 OSMOS|
|LGMT||LGTS||ERESO N128 PEREN M603 ARNAS|